New - eBook - Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements
- ISBN: 9781558106000
- PUB# 9781558106000
ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements, is now available as a fully searchable PDF (see below for all eBook features).
The American Nurses Association is proud to announce a completely updated Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (The Code). This book is the definitive framework for ethical analysis and decision-making for RNs across all practice levels, roles and settings.
Revisions were made in response to the complexities of modern nursing, to simplify and more clearly articulate the content, to anticipate advances in health care, and to incorporate aids that would make it richer, more accessible, and easier to use.
The Code, consisting of nine provisions and the accompanying interpretive statements:
- Provides a succinct statement of the ethical values, obligations, and duties of every individual who enters the nursing profession.
- Serves as the profession’s nonnegotiable ethical standard.
- Expresses nursing’s own understanding of its commitment to society.
The Code is particularly useful to in today’s health care environment because it reiterates the fundamental values and commitments of the nurse (Provisions 1–3), identifies the boundaries of duty and loyalty (Provisions 4–6), and describes the duties of the nurse that extend beyond individual patient encounters (Provisions 7–9).
This revision retains interpretive statements for each provision that provide more specific guidance for practice. The statements are responsive to the contemporary context of nursing and recognize the larger scope of nursing’s concern in relation to health. It also includes another innovation: links to foundational and supplemental documents, which will be available later in 2015.
ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements is the promise that nurses are doing their best to provide care for their patients and their communities and are supporting each other in the process so that all nurses can fulfill their ethical and professional obligations. It is important tool that can be used now as leverage to a better future for nurses, patients and health care. This Code is a reflection of the proud ethical heritage of nursing, a guide for all nurses now and into the future.
eBook features and functionality: Links from each header in the Table of Contents to its in-text occurrence … Active URLs … Next page/Previous page navigation … Home page is Table of Contents … Fully searchable…
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses)
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: Table of Contents: Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements [pdf]
Member Price: $28.86 | List Price: $29.71