New - eBook - Errors of Omission: How Missed Nursing Care Imperils Patients
- ISBN: 978-1-55810-632-1
- PUB# 9781558106321
It happens all the time. In the hectic pace of your daily routine as a nurse, you forget to do something. It happens to the best of us. But what matters most is learning how to mitigate the risks associated with missed nursing care.
Built on 10 years of extensive research, Errors of Omission: How Missed Nursing Care Imperils Patients offers an in-depth review of the correlation between missed nursing care—standard, required nursing care that is left undone—and adverse outcomes in both patient care and nurse staff retention.
Never before has this topic been addressed in this manner. Errors of Omission provides guidance to nurses and other health care professionals to help better understand the repercussions of missed nursing care. More importantly, it unveils key strategies to help you avoid making future errors of omission.
This enlightening and annotative resource also includes:
- Key areas of missed nursing care
- Consequences of not providing care
- Methods of studying missed care
- The role of leadership and management in addressing missed nursing care
- And much more!
This is a must-have book for all nurses. Staff nurses and managers will find this book extremely valuable for their work in providing the highest standards of safe and quality care. Nursing students will gain a thorough understanding of the science and value of nursing care and the associated impacts of not providing it.
BEATRICE J. KALISCH, PhD, RN, FAAN, is the Titus Professor at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Dr. Kalisch has conducted extensive research on nursing care and has authored 11 books and over 150 peer-reviewed articles in various professional medical journals. She also serves as a member in, and a leader of, numerous local, state, and national advisory committees addressing health policy and nursing issues.
eBook features and functionality: Links from each header in the Table of Contents to its in-text occurrence … Active URLs … Next page/Previous page navigation … Home page is Table of Contents … Fully searchable…
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses)
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail email@example.com.
About the Book
Member Price: $20.95 | List Price: $24.95