eBook - Communication, Collaboration, and You: Tools, Tips, and Techniques for Nursing Practice
- ISBN: 9781558105355
- PUB# 9781558105355
“Collaboration is the key to improving patient outcomes—the bottom line is that it saves lives. Collaboration is just as much an essential skill for nurses as is performing a physical assessment.” Co-Author, Cynthia Saver, MS, RN
This go-to guide is a practical resource for RNS who wish to develop or improve the communication skills as an interprofessional team player. It is filled with valuable insights into key topics for promoting collaboration through communication:
- Addressing difficult conversations and situations
- Assessing and understanding communication styles (yours and others)
- Meeting the challenges of interprofessional communication issues distinctive to nurses
- Recognizing and resolving issues that can arise from workplace conflict and a multigenerational workforce
- Using standardized communications tools such as SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation), checklists, and mindful communication
The authors also present numerous tips on these topics as questions, which are useful for self-examination and group discussion. With this guide, the motivated nurse can better contribute to a healthy workplace environment.
This guide is the third publication in the ANA You Series. This series offers valuable tools and resources for RNs to develop leadership skills, knowledge, and strategies to create safe and effective workplace environments.
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- may not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- may not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- may not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail email@example.com.
Member Price: $10.16 | List Price: $13.95